Sunday, January 10, 2016

ROADMAP - FOR NEW REDMI NOTE 3 OWNERS

ROADMAP - FOR NEW REDMI NOTE 3 OWNERS



Am I lost? Where am I supposed to go? I bought a brand-new Redmi Note3 from a 3rd party vendor or retailer, obviously not from Xiaomi Distribution Channel or site. I am stuck with a Chinese variant phone pre-loaded with a foreign language and taste of software, bloatware, adware and most probably malware, too. Alright, what do I do or how am I supposed to go about all this, in order to get a perfect running and free from bloatware and malware. Oh my goodness, this is a dead-end for me, there no Google Play Store in it!!! How am I supposed to install all my favorite apps and much needed social messaging???



As a tech-savvy and proud owner of a number of Redmi Note 3s myself, and also an author of numerous tutorial, tools & tips, here, I have gone through the sense or feeling of being a new owner of a gadget which you are new at and unfamiliar with. To simplify the situation, I have simulated a ROADMAP – FOR NEW REDMI NOTE 3 OWNERS - "One-stop solution" for easy understanding and a guide to clarify, settle down and start using your brand new Redmi Note 3.

SCAN & READ
"Solving with simplicity"



INSIGHT:- My Review & Thoughts and what you getting... 

Two weeks with Redmi Note 3


LET’S BEGIN, “How do I get rid of all the non-sense on my device”. I want a normal phone, enjoy the features outlined with it, and get regular update via OTA (Over-the-air).

This will help you flash away the vendor ROM / Firmware and flash the Official Stock ROM MIUI 7. Click the link as follows:-

Hands-on flashing Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool on Redmi Note 3

Getting Google Play store for Redmi Note 3 for newbies


CROSSROAD

Case One: I don’t care and I don’t want to fiddle with my phone, I am too busy for that! I just want a problem-free phone. 

Case TwoBUT, I am from (Greece or etc), I want Greek as a language in my phone. Where do I go?

Case Three: I am a tech-geek, I want to venture and explore further. Don’t tell me, I know my way around.

Contingency: Please help me, my phone is stuck at the Mi logo like for ages. blah blah blah... I think I bricked my phone... 

SOLUTIONS:-

CASE ONE: YOU HAVE FLASH MIUI 7 ROM AND INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY STORE ON YOUR DEVICE AND ALL-SET TO GO.

CASE TWO: Your goal is to have another language install on your device with the aid of an Unofficial MIUI ROM, hence you need eg, TWRP recovery. 

(With the prevailing issue of Locked Bootloader, you need to get your Bootloader Unlocked before you can proceed with the next step.After you successfully unlock your Bootloader, you will eventually have the root and super user access via SuperSU or other means.) Some info, as follows:-

Observation on the BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED privilege


Yes, I want to Unlock my bootloader, the following link will help to Unblock, as follows:-

Latest Unlock millet phone / Mi Flash Unlock Tool


UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER, ROOTED for REDMI NOTE3

Now you can decide to install a lot more stuffs, like custom recovery eg. TWRP, CMW and etc. You will a few choices to your preference, as follows:-

Rooting, SuperSU and TWRP recovery, as follows:-


TWRP Recovery for REDMI NOTE 3

ROOT, TWRP, SuperSU & GApps for Redmi Note 3 [UNLOCKED]



Rooting and Flashify, as follows:-

Flash GOOGLE APPs on ROOTED Redmi Note 3 via Flashify on Mobile


Flash TWRP.img on ROOTED Redmi Note 3 viaFlashify on Mobile


CASE THREE: YOU ARE DISMISS.


CONTINGENCY: Calm down and get hold of yourself, you are at the right place at the nick of time, do as follow:-

Please read with comprehension, and kind of prepare yourself to do it right...

Hands-on flashing Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool on Redmi Note 3


Q & A s

How do I ask or seek answers?

1.      State the Device and model you are using...
2.      State the ROM / firmware you had previously flashed and currently using...
3.      Briefly tell me your situation, and how it occurred or the problem you are facing...
4.      Please kindly make a practice to state all the required info above, to get an effective timely solution reply...
5.      Please have some courtesy when asking or giving replies…
6.      Please use English as a language for instruction...

Why do I need to give all these details?

Only with these details, I could diagnose the problem and do a troubleshoot to give an effective and conclusive solution...

Why is it taking so long for me to get the reply?

I am like you all, being an ordinary member and not part of the Xiaomi Customer Care or Product Service team. I hope to get you answered soonest depending on availability...

Why are you doing this and what you get out of it?

This is the forum I got many of my problems solved and it is very resourceful, and as a taker we should always remember to be a giver so we as the mass users of the forum can flourish even more...

Why do I need to reply to see the hidden information, is this not a waste of time or even spamming the thread?

There two kinds of analytical features in the thread itself, you can visualize, 1. The number of views, and, 2. The number of replies, this is essential statistical tool for the author... 

With the effort and time the author put fore, it is a small effort and only justified to reply and you will be rewarded +1 for experience point…

Why is it, in other forum is not like this?

Like the saying goes, when you are in Rome do what the Roman do, and furthermore the hidden feature is enriched in the MIUI Forum editor...


How can I reach you when there is a contingency?





COMMON LINGO AROUND HERE:

ADB: Android Debug Bridge. 

Adware: Advertising-supported software, is any software package that automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author.

Apps: Short for "applications."

Bloatware: Applications, usually unwanted, that are preloaded onto a device.

Bootloader: An internal mode on a phone that helps in the flashing of ROMs and other behind-the scenes actions.

Clockwork: Developer of the ClockworkMod custom recovery mode for Android.

Cyanogen: The online handle of one Steve Kondik, relatively famous in the hacking and modding community and the creator of the Cyanogen Mod series of ROMs.

Dalvik Cache: Writable cache that contains the optimized byte code of all apk files (apps) on your Android device. Having the information in it's own cache makes applications load faster and perform better.

Fastboot: Another mode akin to the bootloader, from which you can manually flash low-level components onto a phone.

FC: Short for "force close," meaning an app that has crashed.

Hardbrick: Not recoverable, it's basically a paper weight,the device’s kernel gets messed up, mainly due to incorrect ROM or kernel installation. (Kernel being the base which interact with the hardware).

IMEI: Stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. Basically a unique identification number assigned to every phone.

LTE: Stands for "Long-Term Evolution." 

Malware: Is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms,trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs. It can take the form of executable code, scripts, active content, and other software.

NFC: Near-field communication.

OEM: Stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Open GL: An open source 3D graphics library used in many devices, including Android devices.

Open Source: Software which is liberally licensed to grant the right of users to study, change, and improve its design through the availability of its source code.

OTA: Stands for Over the Air. The act of moving data to your phone, downloading, without having to plug it in. Most Android system updates are OTA, as are application downloads.

OTP: One Time Password.

PIN: Stands for Personal Identification Number. Often four digits.

QR code: A black-and-white barcode that, when scanned by your phone, can open a web link, point to an application in the Market, etc.

Root: A method of unlocking the Android operating system to allow deeper programs deeper access than is allowed out of the box.

SOT: Screen on time. A a good indicator for battery life.

SS: "Screen Shot" or screen capture.

Sideload: The act of installing an app outside of the Android Market.

Softbrick: Is usually just when you're phone is stuck in a boot loop, and as the name implies, is caused by a software error, usually the lack of a system to boot from or some other minor software bug that glitching boot. They are easily fixable by reflashing your ROM in recovery.

Tgz: File compressed with gzip. Sometimes the extension".tgz" is used as an abbreviation for ".tar.gz.

USB: Stands for Universal Serial Bus. Is a method of connecting devices to a computer. Most smartphones now use micro USB cables to charge and sync.

UMS: Stands for USB Mass Storage. Devices with SD cards or partitioned internal storage mount that storage as UMS when connecting to a computer. Files can then be moved to and from the device.

Wipe: To completely erase a device. More like hard-reset.


DISCLAIMER: DO IT AT YOUR RISK. Flashing can potentially bricked or bootloop your device.



"Solving with simplicity"



© 2015 Felix Senada. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. if you in KL Bro ...please help me to unlock this RN3 Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply... Been busy running along... You just need to get more involve in MIUI forum... Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I have a problem with my almost new Redmi Note 3
    I was successful in rooting the phone using Root Redmi Note 3.apk
    After removal of some bloatwares I decided to use only google account and so I decided to remove Mi Account.
    After I removed Mi account the phone goes into boot loop. I admit ignorance that MI account is linked to the system.
    Pressing Power/volume down results in Fastboot Logo appearing on the screen with no further action possibilities.
    Set is Redmi Note 3
    Firmware version 7.1.1.1 about 2 weeks old bought in Kuala Lumpur.

    I would like to recover my phone please.

    Do I need to flash stock rom or is there a simpler way of recovering the my phone please.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Zainal


    ReplyDelete

  3. XIAOMI REDMI Note 3 16GB 4G Phablet $175.89 http://j.mp/1QJvy48

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx For Sharing <a href="http://freecouponstuff.com/offer/script-how-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3/>Redmi Note 3</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for revealing your ideas. I would also like to state that video games have been ever evolving. Better technology and enhancements have made it easier to create realistic and fun games. Most of these entertainment games were not actually sensible when the real concept was first being experimented with. Just like other areas of technological innovation, video games too have had to develop as a result of many many years. This is testimony to the fast growth and development of video games. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lix,
    need guide to get the Redmi note 3 unlock. any advise where to look for service in Kuala lumpur. Urgent help needed

    ReplyDelete